This notice was provided by Kim Jones at the Montgomery County, Maryland Police Department.
Lots of residents travel during the summer months. Burglaries occur every day in Montgomery County, a lot of the time it is when homeowners are away. We want to solve them. We also want to disrupt them. Here are some things you can do in your community to help all of us:
- Let your neighbor know you will be away so they can recognize suspicious activity around your house
- Keep the AC cycling. As an investigator I interrogated several burglars who would simply look for houses with no AC running on 90 degree days
- Put your house interior lights on a timer
- Put a radio or TV on a timer in your house so that it produces sounds at various times
- Put motion sensors on your exterior lights
- Halt your mail and newspapers while you are away
- Keep a car(s) in your driveway
- If you see something suspicious, call MCP 301-279-8000, get a description, get a vehicle tag number. Little tips lead to big arrests.
These are some simple things you can do. If you want to read some more, here is a link to further information on Home Advisor- https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/securing-your-home-from-burglary/
(MCP is not endorsing HomeAdvisor in anyway, just an information source for you)
I hope you are looking forward to a great summer!
Tulip, George Washington's River Farm
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs.
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs
Roy Kelley and Associates
Roy Kelley, Associate Broker
Realty Group Referrals (Retired from RE/MAX Realty Group)
6 Montgomery Village Ave., Suite 200
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Main Office: 301-258-7757 (You will not reach me at this number)
Send an email message if you need my phone numbers. I will be happy to recommend a real estate professional if you are moving to the area.