Listen to your inner voice....
New York real estate professionals Richard and Beth Witt provide some interesting quotes to demonstrate that the experts are not always correct.
Please go to the original blog if you wish to leave comments that will be seen by Richard and Beth.
A New Day - A New Beginning
"The Experts" – How much credence do you give the opinion of others? When we give the opinion of others authority over our actions we often are stopping ourselves from being all that we may be. Listen to your inner voice and always question the opinion of others, for accepting their opinion because you believe they know better than you may prove to be a very costly mistake.
Here are some examples of exactly how wrong the opinion of others can be… even those of the so called EXPERTS
• "Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances." (Dr. Lee DeForest, "Father of Radio & Grandfather of Television")
• "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." (Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943)
• "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year." (Editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957)
• "But what is it good for?" (Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.)
• "A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make." (Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.)
• "We don't like their sound and guitar music is on the way out." Decca Recording Co., rejecting the Beatles, 1962)
• "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." (Ken Olson, President, Chairman and Founder, Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977)
I have a suggestion. Be your own expert. Nobody knows you like you do. "Never been done before" is where true innovation lives.
Remember what Henry Ford said, " If you think you can you're right and if you think you can't your right."
Top Blogs and Valuable Articles:
- 5 THINGS SELLERS MUST REQUIRE OF A REAL ESTATE AGENT
- HOME STAGING IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROPER PRICING
- IT'S A PRICE WAR AND A BEAUTY CONTEST
- THE WORST HOME SELLING MISTAKES
- AGENT TRAINING AND COACHING
- HOME BUYING MADE EASIER
CALL US TODAY TO GET YOUR HOME SOLD 516-795-6900
Or Visit us for Agent Training and Coaching
We represent home buyers and sellers as their exclusive agents in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.
Roy Kelley & Associates
Associate Broker, RE/MAX Realty Group
Client Assistance: 301-670-8996
Recipient of the RE/MAX International Lifetime Achievement Award - 2008