DC Metro Area Active Listings of Homes for Sale at 2015 Year End
Prospective home sellers and home buyers sometimes ask how the inventory of homes for sale in the DC Metro Area compares with previous years. The following statistics and charts were provided by RealEstate Business Intelligence for distribution to the members of MRIS, the regional multiple listing service.
- Inventories increased to 8,644 by year-end, a 4.6 percent increase compared to last year.
- End of year inventories exceed the 10-year low of 6,303 in 2012, but are down a whopping 60.2% from the year-end peak of 21,712 in 2007.
- Inventories are slightly above the 5-year average of 8,123 but substantially below the 10-year average of 12,574.
- Fairfax County had the largest percentage increase in year-end inventory with 2,581 active listings, an increase of 10.8% compared to 2014.
- Regional supply growth was driven by gains in Fairfax County (+10.8%), Prince George’s County (+5.2%), Washington D.C (+5.0%) and Arlington County (+3.7%).
Winter Colors, Kentlands Photowalk, Gaithersburg, Maryland USA IMG 9887
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photograph
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs
Roy Kelley and Associates
Roy Kelley, Associate Broker
Realty Group Referrals (Retired from RE/MAX Realty Group)
6 Montgomery Village Ave., Suite 200
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Main Office: 301-258-7757 (You will not reach me at this number)
Send an email message if you need my phone numbers. I will be happy to recommend a real estate professional if you are moving to the area.