Additional Reopenings in Montgomery County, Maryland
Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich, after consultation with County Health Officer Travis Gayles and based on data from contact tracing, has issued an updated executive order that now allows certain additional openings related to the COVID-19 health crisis. Amended Executive Order 098-20 updating Phase 2 guidelines was unanimously approved on Aug. 24 by the County Council and went into effect that day.
The amended executive order includes additional measures to protect the public from the spread of the virus. One measure modifies the definition of face coverings as fully covering a person’s nose, mouth and chin and is secured to the person’s head.
The amended order recategorizes soccer from a high- to medium-risk sport, which means scrimmages and games will now be permitted. The amended order also permits museums, art galleries and bowling alleys to open with restrictions.
The updated executive order:
- Permits museums and art galleries to open with restrictions.
- Permits bowling alleys to open with restrictions.
- Clarifies a requirement for food service facilities to post signs advising customers about face covering and social distancing restrictions.
- Recategorizes soccer as a medium-risk sport, which permits scrimmages and games to take place.
- Modifies the definition of face covering to include covering the chin, as well as the mouth and nose.
- Continues to prohibit sports tournaments unless the County issues a letter of approval.
- Sets a 50-person limit for all sporting events that includes coaches, participants and spectators.
- Prohibits sporting events with teams from outside the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia.
Officials will continue to review these designations and may alter recommendations for sports if they are deemed to be a safer category.
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs
Roy Kelley and Associates
Roy Kelley, Associate Broker
Realty Group Referrals (Retired from RE/MAX Realty Group)
6 Montgomery Village Ave., Suite 200
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Main Office: 301-258-7757 (You will not reach me at this number)
Send an email message if you need my phone numbers. I will be happy to recommend a real estate professional if you are moving to the area.